We had some amazing tales of vengeance and passion, fourteen in all, appropriate for Valentine’s Day! It was tough but we came up with three great winners.
Third Place: Ailsa Abraham | @ailsaabraham
- Laura – Revenge for Valentines is always good and a 200-year wait made this tale even sweeter.
- Lisa – When you plan something, make sure you do it right, especially vengeance.
- Lizzie – Loved the dark humour in this fiery Valentine revenge.
- Ruth – Aged to perfection, like a fine wine, this tale of revenge is bold and satisfying.
Second Place: Michael Wombat | @wombat37
- Laura – This took me on the best dark journey. Loved it!
- Lisa – Poetry, ancient history, and a need to sate vengeful passion with a black twist of fate.
- Lizzie – A deliciously dark tale right from the poetic start. Loved it!
- Ruth – Filled with vivid images, poetic language, and bloody vengeance!
First Place: Eric Martell | @drmagoo
- Laura – Passion, betrayal, and a dead body. All I need in a Valentine’s tale. Excellent story.
- Lisa – I was entranced from the title on. A tale of pure evil that teaches me never, ever, to presume. Deliciously dark and twisted.
- Lizzie – Ooh, I loved the grim and matter-of-fact way he dealt with his betrayer in this brilliant story!
- Ruth – When this apparent grieving widower goes from bitter to vindictive and embarks on a smartly planned journey of payback, the enormity of his monstrosity left me speechless!
Check out the original post at Ink After Dark for all the stories – a great read if you’re plotting revenge or just letting off steam!
Thank you all who wrote for us, especially Eric, Wombat and Ailsa!